Friday, April 4, 2008

Flashback Fridays--The Zebra Wore...

After the success of The Zebra Wore Fishnets, I became interested in Aden and Kevin's back story. They were clearly very passionate about each other, and they had been together for a long time. Kevin even went to law school because of Aden! So I ended up writing two short stories, The Zebra Wore Black Leather and The Zebra Wore Blue Jeans, and published them with Whiskey Creek Press as a Torrid Teasers collection.


Kevin needs a nude, male model to finish an art project. Aden is the last person he expects to knock on his door. Handsome, charming, and a little dangerous, it's lust at first sight for Kevin. But this lust has the potential to grow into something much more powerful.


And now, a new excerpt.

Kevin studied the sketch in the early morning light, his body tingling at the memory of Aden naked just feet away from him. The image of Aden’s nude body was seared on his memory—all he had to do was close his eyes. He knew he wouldn’t be able to move onto a new project until he finished this portrait, and he suspected that Aden would somehow affect all his future work.

A sharp rap on the door pulled Kevin from his thoughts. “Yeah, coming.”

Aden was leaning against the wall, an unlit cigarette dangling from the corner of his mouth. “Mind if I smoke?”

“Aden? I thought…I didn’t think you’d be here today.”

“We have a project to finish, right? Also, I still need that cash. Do you have a light?”

“Come in…I…no, I don’t. I don’t smoke,” Kevin said, shutting the door behind him. His heart was lodged in his throat, his breath caught in his lungs.

“Oh.” He tossed the cigarette away before pulling his shirt off. “Same position as before?”

“No…I mean, yes, but the lighting is different, see? We’ll have to wait until this afternoon. You can come back if you want…”

“Well, maybe we can find a way to kill a few hours,” Aden said, sitting on the couch. Grinning, he put his feet up on the table. “What do you think?”

“I think it’s best if you come back after lunch,” Kevin said, handing Aden his discarded shirt.

Aden took it from him, but he didn’t put it on. “Why don’t you like me, Kevin?”

Kevin blinked. “What? I…what? No, I like you. Why do you think I don’t?”

“Well, you beat a pretty hasty retreat last night, didn’t you? And you look less than thrilled now.” Aden stood up, still clutching his shirt. “I guess I read this wrong.”

Kevin’s tongue felt thick and heavy in his mouth. He reached for Aden without
thinking, stopping him before he could turn to the door. “I left last night because I was a little surprised. I mean, I…” Kevin took a deep breath, deciding to tell the truth and damn the consequences. “Tamara is really amazing, and I feel like a fool for turning it all down, I do, but I…”

“What?”

Kevin looked up into Aden’s eyes, knowing that if he did, he wouldn’t be able to lie to him, or turn away. “I want you.”

Aden smiled, stepping closer until only an inch separated them. Kevin looked down at Aden’s bare skin, itching to touch him, kiss him, lick him. It was a physical need, like eating, and the need was accompanied with a physical pain. If Aden stayed, Kevin didn’t think he could control himself. He already felt a little drunk, a little dizzy, just from the close proximity.

“Why didn’t you just say so last night?” Aden asked, his breath warm against Kevin’s mouth.

Kevin’s self-control reached its breaking point and snapped. He grabbed Aden’s shoulder, his fingers digging into Aden’s skin as he crushed Aden’s mouth beneath his, kissing the blond with all the lust roaring through his body. He ran his other hand down Aden’s chest, finally touching the firm skin that had haunted his dreams the night before. Aden kissed him back with as much ferocity, not holding anything back, grabbing the back of Kevin’s head to hold him in place.


Go here for more information

No comments: