Thursday, January 3, 2008

Writer's Block: What are You Looking Forward to in 2008

I think 2008 is going to be a great year, on a professional and personal level. I am looking forward to a lot of things, and I can't wait for it to happen.

First, I'm looking forward to our upcoming books. We have many upcoming titles. First, we're going to complete The Master Chronicles this year. Book 5 Chaos & Communion is going to be released in March, and the prequel to the series At the Advent of Dusk will be released this January. The ninth, and final novel, as yet untitled, will be released in December. We're also going to have two more releases with Juno, Touching Silver and the 2nd Silver sequel, as yet untitled. We're also releasing a series of books called The Calendar Boys. The first title, Miami's Perfect Weekend was released on January 1st. This is just the very tip of the iceberg.

Second, I'm looking to writing more books. We have some awesome plot bunnies in our queue. Most of the books I mentioned in point one still need to be written. We have a new urban fantasy series planned. And we're always thinking of new ideas, new characters, new titles, begging for attention. Plus, working with Vivien is always a joy.

Third, and moving a bit away from us and our books, movies! Holy shit, there are some great movies getting released this year. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, The Dark Knight, Untitled X-Files Sequel, Star Trek XI. Seriously, I'm going to have a geekgasm from all that awesome.

Fourth, I'm graduating in May! I'm going to have my MA in British and American Literature. I don't know what I'm going to do with it, but it's going to be mine.

Fifth, I get to see Vivien several times this year. This is a big deal, because we live about 650 miles apart, and so it's not easy to actually see each other. But we've already got plans to spend some good, quality time together. Which means we'll have some good, quality writing to show for it.

So, what are you looking forward to in 2008? Books you plan to write? Books you plan to read? Life-changing events you have planned?

No comments: