Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Inspirations - James Marsters

OK, so last weekend, I was at a convention. A sci-fi convention. Where I got to ogle pretty men and fangirl with online buddies for four days. But here's a confession. While I adore Brent Spiner and Leonard Nimoy is an icon, I really went for one other person.

James Marsters.

For those not in the know, he played Spike on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I had never gotten obsessed with a TV show before, or really since, but Buffy was it for me. I absolutely adored that show. Still do. While I love the entire cast and the ensemble aspect of it, my love for vampires - especially ones dragged into being good - meant I fell hook, line, and sinker for Spike.

It wasn't just the leather pants and the British accent and the attitude...okay, it was a lot of that. But James Marsters in the real world had his own appeal...

But it's probably no surprise that the hair isn't natural. Even now, years after the show is over, he's still a gorgeous man...

2 comments:

Cathy M said...

Hi Vivien, have you spotted James in the Torchwood series yet? Great costumes, plus he plays a baddy, very funny.

Vivien Dean said...

Oh, yes. Oh my yes. We joke that he gets to do Spike again, only really evil, lol.

But he looks amazing in it. Plus snogging John Barrowman. No bad there.