Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Inspirations - Western cowboys

This week, Pepper and I have been working on our story for the gay cowboy themed pax due out in September at Amber Quill. It's about a bounty hunter and a stagecoach robber in the old west, and our growing love for these two characters has us thinking about all the men we've fallen for in westerns. So, in celebration of that, a few of our favorites!

Bale and Crowe as Dan Evans and Ben Wade in 3:10 to Yuma. Pepper and I both love this movie sooooooooooo much. It's got everything we love about westerns in it.


The quintessential western anti-hero. No list would be completely without at least one shot from The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.


Bruce Campbell as Brisco County, Jr., One of Pepper's loves. I have to confess to never seeing this show. She's probably going to shoot me when she finds out.


Kilmer and Russell as Doc Holliday and Wyatt Earp in Tombstone I'll bet Pepper can't even count how many times she's seen this movie. ;)


Ah, Newman and Redford. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. When I'm not about the gritty, I'm about the funny, and this movie has one of my all-time favorite lines ever in it.

2 comments:

Caffey said...

Oh my, I feel like I've come to heaven here with the cowboys!! I so love reading them, its just a great feeling. I can't wait for these! I never saw these movies! I'm so bad with watching movies regularly! So I have to make notes to see if they are closed captioned for the deaf and plan to watch! I watch alot of Gunsmoke and Bonanza on the weekend on TV Land, LOL. Thanks for the beautiful pics!!

I heard about TOUCHING SILVER. I'm so upset. For you, and for me a reader. I treasured CHASING SILVER and really wished that with them at Amazon that more would shop there for books cuz they won't be in the stores. Know I'm behind you both with all you write! Always, Cathie

Vivien Dean said...

Thanks for the support, Cathie! We're working on a few options right now. We're bound and determined to come back from this fighting. One way or another, the stories to follow Chasing Silver will come out. And as soon as we know how, you guys will be the first to know. :)