Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Inspirations--Wilco

I'm still feeling under the weather. My fever broke, but my throat is sore, my sinuses are sore, my back is sore, and I'm exhausted. But, time stops for no man, and I have a lot of work to do! So I rejoined the land of the living, and I'm hoping to get through my classes without passing out. In the mean time, I thought I'd blog about a source of inspiration who is not exactly a pretty face---Jeff Tweedy, the singer-songwriter-frontman for the band Wilco. Hey, I'm sick. I can blog about what makes me happy.

I'm in love with Jeff Tweedy. My husband understands. I think he's in love with him, too.

Here's Jeff, looking thoughtful in his jean jacket.



Here's Jeff, looking thoughtful with his guitar.



This is Jeff, proving that not only is freaking brilliant, he's a fan of The Colbert Report, which automatically makes him about 100x cooler.



This is Jeff on one of his solo shows. I saw Jeff when he was doing his most recent solo tour. He played in San Diego in a really small venue. It was an amazing experience.



This is Jeff when he was very young and played in the very influential band, Uncle Tupelo.



Jeff is also a very cool guy. He's the coolest guy I ever heard of. You can get a sense of just how cool he is by looking at his wardrobe.



Finally, here is a track from Wilco's latest album, Sky Blue Sky. It's my favorite track. It's also brilliant live. I got a chance to see Wilco for the fifth time in August, in Berkeley. But only because Vivien agreed to go with me and let me stay in her house. See how much she loves me? She even caters to my Wilco addiction. Anyway, here it is, Impossible Germany.

1 comment:

Cathy M said...

Wow, he's really good, and a new band for me, too. Thanks for linking the song. Hope you get to feeling better soon.